My Kid, My Choice:
1. A J-crew gift card.
Besides being one of my favorite stores, J-crew made the Teach for America (TFA) t-shirt, and when I think school choice, I somehow equate choice to TFA.
2. A Walmart gift card. The Walton foundation has been extremely generous to the school choice movement. Beyond that, Walmart offers affordable solutions for the poor. I’ve always been a fan. The Walton generosity enhances my opinion. Also, my kid, my choice.
3. Thick skin. The amount of people that are against school choice is astronomical. Quite the foreign concept given parents should have the right to choose whatever school fits their children.
4. Adidas Boost.
Walking for Justice:
You’ll be doing a lot of walking and protesting. You should be comfortable while you protest for a better education for the poor and disenfranchised.
5. Flowers. Sit back and smell the roses, every time there’s a state that releases test scores, and the choice schools outperform the traditional public schools.
6. Oral b electric toothbrush. You’re going to be doing a lot of smiling when kids start going to college, reading on grade level, and confident about tackling life’s challenges.
7. Gift Card to Banana Republic Factory Story. Shameless plug, because my local Banana Factory Store donated Christmas gifts to my students.
8. Luther Vandross Greatest hits CD. I’m not sure about you, but whenever I’m feeling a way, Luther always makes me feel better about life.
9. A free network consultation from Jenard Consultants LLC. Another shameless plug, but if you want a second look at identifying the things that may turn your school around, we can create a comprehensive plan for you.
10. Better schools & Peace on Earth. With everything happening in our society, it’s good to focus on the people that are important to us. PS- don’t forget to tell someone you love them all year long in 2019.